Friday, November 5, 2010

Gratitude and Thanksgiving






Gratitude and Thanksgiving It is the month to think of this topic. For me it takes on a very special meaning.

It has now been two months since my last chemotherapy infusion. During this time, my energy has increased and my appetite returned. I have again been hungry! Food has flavor, does not cause GI symptoms, and is for the most part eagerly enjoyed. That is such a welcomed change from days and months of active chemotherapy.

I felt well enough to fly out to the East coast to see Sarah, Becky and their families in October. Visiting with four grandchildren was a highlight. From Boston's Chinatown and numerous parks to Maine's scenery and the Klein's chickens, it was a wonderful week.

Celebrated three November birthdays with a trip downtown via the train....Anna Heredia is 4 years, Beth and Linda ? Birthday are wonderful.

This week was so important. My first follow-up visit with my oncologist was good. My lab work was within normal limits. And I do not have to return for three months! I am overjoyed.

Each and every day is a gift that I no longer take for granted.

Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda, Just read of your trip and good check up reports. We are overjoyed for you and can relate so well to being grateful for everyday. May continued blessings of His abundant grace flow your way, Dawn and Steve McCreery

    ReplyDelete