Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ending

Starting and Ending



January 30, 2013 - I have not accessed this blog for months.  It is amazing to return and read some of the entries.  Also fun to look at the pictures and realize how the grandchildren have grown.

Today is a memorable day and the close of this blog.  I trust!

Every four months I have had blood drawn for various tests.  And I will continue to have blood drawn and be evaluated every four months.   I am seen by my oncologist who reviews all lab results and examines me...unusual findings:  swelling, shortness of breath, weight loss and many other pokes and prods.   Thus far, my blood work has all been good with no unusual physical findings.  

Almost three years to the day from diagnosis, I had my port-a-cath removed this morning.   It was the best device to have inserted prior to receiving the chemotherapy.  I was able to have blood drawn from it and receive the chemotherapy to a high flow area (inferior vena cava) saving my peripheral veins.  But hopefully, that will no longer be needed.

Removal went very smoothly - ambulatory care setting at the hospital.  I have a few sutures and minimal soreness. 

While I still will be followed, I do not anticipate writing in the blog.  To each one who has read this and written me, prayed for me, and walked along with me, thank you.  So many have impacted my life and left your fingerprints on my heart.  Most of all, I express gratitude for my heavenly Father, the giver of life...each and every day.  To HIM along belongs the glory and praise.

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Best post to date! The end is always a beginning of a new journey, this one of health and life. Congrats and I mean this in the best of ways - I hope to never see this blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to you and Don always. Thank you for being such good friends to Aunt Mary Jane and Uncle Bob (although I think we'll have to ground Uncle Bob for a bit) and thank you for your caring in pen for us in a time of need. Today was my first day back to my old job so we both can agree with Nahum 1:7 that the Lord is good...always.

    Your friends in Christ,
    Steve and Dawn

    ReplyDelete